1. Certificate of Baptism - It must be RECENT, issued within 6 months of submitting (for a Catholic). If baptized in a Christian church, a copy of your original certificate of baptism will suffice. Please make sure to obtain current mailing address of the church of baptism.
2. Confirmation certificate - It can be a copy of the original, no need to ask for a new one. Certificate of baptism often includes details about sacrament of confirmation received. Obtain your certificate of baptism first.
3. Marriage certificate(s) of previous marriage(s) - If applicable, to be submitted at the first meeting with the priest preparing you for marriage.
4. Divorce decree - If applicable, to be submitted at the first meeting with the priest preparing you for marriage.
5. Current Marriage certificate – if already in a civil marriage, seeking Church convalidation If applicable, to be submitted at the first meeting with the priest preparing you for marriage.
6. Dispensation form(s) - If applicable, must be completed with the priest preparing you for marriage. It is used in case of previous marriage(s), mixed religion, etc. Please note, any booking is TENTATIVE only, until this process is completed.
7. Marriage License, current - Obtain it from any California county (usually valid for 90 days, please check with issuing office); submit no later than rehearsal date. If you choose to have a Confidential Marriage License, it must be issued in the County of San Francisco.
Please note: by law, a wedding ceremony CANNOT be held without a valid marriage license, regardless of all arrangements you will have made.